Photoshop Tutorial 2022 | Background Changing | Photo Editing

 Photoshop Tutorial 2022 | Background Changing | Photo Editing



Download Background




Aasalamu Alaikum, welcome to GFXMentor, I'm your teacher Imran. And from today we're starting Photoshop beginner's training.
And yes many people are wondering, "Hey, will Sir only teach Beginners, not Advanced?"
Of course I will, everything I'll teach. But at the start, all the students and well-wishers of mine,
if they don't know anything about Photoshop, then it'll be very helpful for them. But as it's a beginners training, doesn't mean those who know already won't watch at all,
of course watch it, because maybe you can learn more new things! Now first of all, before I start let me tell you some things,
if you've already seen my Illustrator training and know about it, then, at first keep in mind, don't try to find Illustrator in this software!
You'll become confused. Right? No. 2, some elements might be similar to Illustrator, just because these are made by the same company- Adobe.
So the interfaces should be looking similar. Ahh... Some elements that are commonly used, definitely as we progress I'll tell you gradually.
But but but! Please don't say Illustrator was good, Photoshop isn't; or Photoshop was good, Illustrator isn't.
Please don't compare them, I've told the same back when I started Illustrator training. Even today I repeat, you really can't compare them.
Because both have different functions for different works. Now what's Photoshop for, that's the important point.
Photoshop is actually a Raster-based software. What's Raster? It is basically dependent on pixels.
Inshallah I'll make a short video, explaining the differences properly,
about the differences between Raster and Vector, you'll understand them well. Now, "Photoshop"- from the name itself it seems to be related to photos, so yes!
At the start Photoshop was created solely to edit photos here. Now what's editing? For example we take a picture and it has problems like
my face has lots of marks and blemishes, I often use Photoshop to remove them, many people do so.
Ahh... When did I start using Photoshop? Well, as everyone knows I have around 17-18 years of experience,
but I started Photoshop literally older than that period; I couldn't do well that much.
Yes one hobby I had, like everyone even when I was small, I used to paste my face on Salman Khan's body, although I'm not a bodybuilder! (😂)
But, ahh... These hobbies I had, then I used to think "Yes I know Photoshop well!
Fabulous things here, it's so easy!" But when I understood, I realised that the front-end of Photoshop is nothing,
lots of things are hidden in the backend! So definitely, when progressing to the Advanced techniques, we shall see that. Right?
So, umm... C'mon let's start! Okay so first of all, an interface you're seeing here, must be too familiar, just like in Illustrator.
But yes, as I said it's made by Adobe too so you'll see the similarities in their interfaces
but the works are different. The version I'm using is Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.
And... Yes let me share some things, usually when you install newly a welcome screen is shown,
my one seems vanished, ran away, angry at me maybe, I dunno where did it go! (😁) But that's okay no problem, I didn't need that much anyway,
it'd kinda irritate me, my Photoshop would get a bit slow as it'd come at start, then we could proceed.
But yes, anyways. This is your Photoshop, okay? In Illustrator you had the toolbars on the left side, similarly it's here too.
On the right side if you notice, some panels are given, time to time you'll get different panels.
Ahh, just in case let me tell you, if anythings vanishes from the interface, or if you make any such changes,
remember anytime you can design the interface as you wish. You can pull out any panel and stick with each other.
And whatever convenient you feel, you can keep on the front, things you don't need, you just remove them. No problem.
When you're done setting up your interface, you'll go to Window>>Workspace
and from here you can save new workspace. I won't be doing it now.
However if everything vanishes away, understand? And you be like, "Sir our tools ran away and we did like removing this Property panel or whatever..."
if disappears... totally fine! No problem at all, simply go to Window>>Workspace, and do Reset.
If I use Essentials; I usually utilize it initially, this is a good starting point;
and if you click Reset then all your elements will return back to their previous places.
Right? Okay [clearing throat] I usually... okay if you see the toolbar, here two tiny arrows are given,
if you click it it'll show into double columns. If you wish you can keep it in a single column or double.
My habit is to keep it in double column usually. Because from the very beginning it'd be double-columned in Photoshop
so I've become habituated to it, but then it's okay, you can change it as you wish.
CC 2018 has a great addition I noticed, that is previously if we kept the mouse on a tool and wait awhile, a small tool tip would appear,
now a small learning point appears instead, it gives you insight on how a tool will work.
Ahh so... That's new for me, this is good, it's great indeed. And... Yes it's upto you guys, on how you perceive it.
If you want the 2018 version, then please visit Adobe's site, from there at least try the trial version with your Creative Cloud ID.
Okay? Alright [clearing throat], so uhh... What things you need to be careful of? Firstly, in Photoshop, like... okay let me explain first,
in Illustrator whenever we've taken a new file, I never restricted you on what size to take, never!
Now, you have to keep in mind that it's Raster-based software, meaning if we don't take the right size and later we enlarge it,
your artwork will go bad! So make sure that whatever you create, you should know the size.
For example, if you're making a pamphlet, brochure or website, or even mobile app
whatever it is, right? You must know it's correct size first. And then you gotta take a new file based on that size, only if you design.
But if you're just editing a photo, that's not an issue, at all. You simply open the photo and work, okay?
Yes, if you're printing something or designing any screen, whichever it is, then you have to know its size correctly.
So let's start, I'm creating a new file here. And...
These are some recent sizes that I used previously. It's coming here, okay?
And, if you notice up here, you can save it too, meaning if you use any size repeatedly then better you save it. How to do it, we shall see.
Some presets of Photos are given- Print, Art & Illustrations, Web, Mobile;
if you come to Mobile, presets of various devices are already provided.
Alright? Then, I hope you won't be having problems over here, but still, if you're using older versions the presets are given there too,
though the interface might look different, but that's okay, no issues at all. So let's see what's given here- first of all the file name is shown,
better give names, don't save it "Untitled"! And... If you don't name at the start, do it while saving okay?
I always try to give names properly so that if I have to search later,
with the search function on the harddrive I can find out my files. Right? Next it asks- that is Width, and the Height here.
Here the units are given, and you can set the measurements you want to use.
So let's keep it in Pixels, here's a 1000x1000 ratio is already set.
Okay here's the orientations, what's that? See from here you won't understand as the width and height are same,
let's say if I set the height at 500, like this,
and currently I'm getting the Landscape option, right?
And if I click here, notice the width and height gets swapped. Alright?
Coming below, here the Resolution is given. Now what's this? How many pixels are present in one inch.
Now see, usually when we design for screens, a fixed thing to keep in mind that you need to go for 72 pixels per inch.
And, here pixels-per-centimetre are also specified, though we don't use it at all.
Ahh... Just keep in mind that, if you design for screen- which screen?
Anything! Be it computer screen, for website or mobile app, maybe for TV,
always go for 72 resolution, right? If you come below, there's RGB colour mode, and more different colour modes stated.
Yes, in Illustrator only RGB and CMYK was present, but here lots of options are available.
No tension! We'll see all these later. For now just keep it on RGB, okay?
After that there's the Bits, showing how much bits your document should be made so no tension here too, just keep it on 8 bits.
And... Why 8 bits? Because, the browsers or mobile apps we have, the images showed there
be it PNG, JPEG or whatever- those are mostly displayed in 8 bits.
So don't worry. What's the job of 16 bits, we'll see later in a more advanced level. Right?
So next, here comes Background Condense. Now if you click here, you see the options "White", "Black", "Background Color"
but no tension if you see only three, you'll see more options if you scroll down,
there's "Transparent", even "Custom"; Remember that in older versions of Photoshop
you'd get only "White", "Background Color" and "Transparent". Okay? So no need to tense, these aren't that much important,
I usually take "White", if choose "Transparent" we can do it later, nothing problematic. Alright?
Some advanced options are here, which of course, is "advance". I'm not teaching them now, will see later.
And let's simply click this button, create it. Alright one more thing, I'm keeping it in this orientation- 1000x500 pixels,
and as I said, you can save presets here; if I want to save,
Oops I changed this! Okay... (😅) I again enter 500. And let's save this.
As I save, and... giving it any name- "Imran", click Save.
Now in the Saved option it (the preset) appears. Whenever I want to take this size, I don't need to be tensed about it,
simply I'll click here and create. Okay dear? So here comes a 1000x500 pixels canvas.
Okay, one word I used- "canvas"; in Illustrator we called this work area "Artboard",
now in here we call it as "canvas". But interesting thing is, recently even in Photoshop the Artboard option has arrived.
So if I go to New file, taking the saved preset, see this, if I click on the "Artboard" check, This will turn into an artboard, okay?
And, how to make new artboards, how much in total- all will be found inside the created file.
See this, as I click here "Artboard 1" appears, written here, but if I got to the previous file, it's not written there.
That means, there the classic Photoshop type is appearing.
If you notice, here comes a Background layer, while on the artboard one
it shows nothing but "Artboard 1", and "Layer 1" is written here. Correct? So what's the difference between these two? We'll see in a moment,
but for now, just keep in mind that we won't be taking any artboard in new files.
So uhh... Now notice an important issue. Some elements you've already seen in Illustrator like Zoom in or out,
we usually press Ctrl+ (plus) and Ctrl- (minus), like Ctrl- for Zoom out and Ctrl+ for Zoom in.
And... Yes, along with that if you press Alt and scroll up, you can Zoom in,
if scroll down then Zoom out, right? Bottom here you can observe the keys I press. It'll be helpful for you. Right?
Alright [clearing throat] Now, in Photoshop I created a new file, what to do with it?
Now the most important thing let me share, many times my students ask me, "Sir whatever we make, it gets pixelated if we zoom in and see!"
Yes of course it'll happen! Notice above here, presently the file name is titled
"Untitled-1 @77.9% RGB 8 bit".
This 77.9% is your zoom level. Whenever you build something you have to check it at 100%
then you'll be aware whether it's correct, like the edges are present, pixelating or not.
But if you zoom in too much then yes, you'll see pixelations. So yes remember that always check your Raster image artworks at 100% level,
so that whether it's correctly sharpened or not. If blurry or pixelated at 100% then it's bad, but otherwise no issues, no tension.
If you zoom in and check, it'll surely look bad because it's Raster. Just like if I check my face's skin under the microscope,
it'll look like a horrible mountain to me! Right? Exactly, nobody zooms in too much to have a glance! So, many students get too much anxious that "Sir whatever we make, be it JPEG, PNG- it's getting too pixelated!"
When asking when it happens, they reply "We zoomed in and saw it pixelated." Bro don't do that! Observe at 100% because wherever used, it'd remain at that size level.
PNG and JPEG- these are Raster images, their sole purpose is to be seen at 100% size level. Right?
Alright. So now what'll we see in Photoshop today? First thing,
Some tools I'd like to show, number 1 is this Move tool, second is Marquee tool here.
Now what's this Marquee tool? And Move tool? Ahh...
See, to make you understand I'll give some comparisons with Illustrator, like, comparison not in the context of good or bad,
rather what things we've seen in there and what's related to here. Right?
So first of all, whatever we used to build in Illustrator we would simply select that by clicking, because each object had a separate path there.
In here, you don't have any vector but only Raster, which means we have an area of pixels here,
and here we don't make things individually, for example if you have a photo, nothing is separated there, it's a complete painted grid of pixels. Right?
Now just like that, notice the Selection tool here, we do it like that,
means we haven't selected one object only but just some pixels,
or say, in our whole canvas, this part is currently the active area.
Now, whatever we'll work, it'll remain in this selection only. Okay dear?
Apart from Selection, Move tool is used for moving things,
But! Just as I said that in Illustrator I never restricted for which size you should take,
now you have to be careful about what size to take particularly.
Just like in Illustrator I never restrict on taking new layers every time,
now I'll do because as long as you don't work on different layers
you can't move or transform them separately. Right?
So first of all, keep in mind the very first important matter, that is Layer.
Let me share a small thing immediately- as a Brush tool is given here,
and if I pick any colour from here, and make this line with the tool.
Now remember, this line I painted just above the Background layer.
Now if I try to move it with Move tool, it'll show some errors.
Just forget it, not needed now; Just keep in mind that it's not moving because it's not a separate object, I just painted the pixels of this Background layer!
It's like I spray-paint the wall behind me, okay?
And if I later want to move it elsewhere, won't be possible just because I permanently painted it!
Similarly moving this won't be possible at all. Second thing, if you really want to move, what'll you do?
We'll take a new layer from here; here's the button for it; and now if I paint here, then yes it can be moved with Move tool!
Why?! Because it's a separate thing now! Same as if I mounted a glass on the wall and paint on it,
now I can easily move that glass, right?! Glass, similarly imagine the layer as transparent glass, and...
we make separate things on top of each. Every object stays detached from each other, so we can move or transform them easily,
and if not wanted, easily can delete it. Right? So layers are a great "friend", please form a good "friendship" with them,
just keep in mind that whenever you build new things you're taking a new layer too, it's beneficial for you solely; If you don't want, don't take, no issues.
The problems will happen solely to you too, that "Oh man, I made all in a single layer, now how to separate them?!"
It won't happen then! Please, don't ask me such weird questions that "Sir I made everything in single layer"...
Suffer, regret, tolerate it! Or just rebuild it again! (😑) So if you wanna escape from such toiling, please take a new layer whenever you create. Right?
I'm turning my workspace back to Normal. Okay, not necessary you need to go here for workspace,
here's a small icon given, if clicked here shows "Reset Essentials", you can do it from here too.
If you wish, reset it from there too. So that's not an issue. Okay.
Now if I delete this layer, and let's see what we gotta learn today.
Selection and Move tool. And alongside, here's this thing. [clearing throat]
You've seen in Illustrator, one was Fill and one was Stroke.
In here it's a bit different, both are colours- one is Foreground and other's Background.
Now, how do we suppose to understand? Ahh... In plain words, at a time you're like grabbing two colour pencils in both hands!
Whenever you wish you can change the colours, for example simply... Oh you must click single time only, yes in Illustrator it was double, here we click only once;
just select any colour, from here I take blue and take red for the background.
Now you have two colours, and you can swap it. If you want default, what'll happen? That...
the foreground will be black and the background will be white. Right? So whenever you want you can change the colours from here.
What's their purpose? Wait just a while, I'm gonna explain soon. Okay? The first tool I wanna explain is Selection.
Okay what is it? As I said, it's nothing but the active area of your canvas.
So just a while ago as you've seen, I painted something with the Brush tool.
Like this, I make a line here. And I can paint all over the canvas, wherever I want. Right?
But! If I select and delete for now, and...
let's say I make this selection, and now I'm gonna paint with the Brush,
it won't be painting outside, because that's not the active area.
As I said before, Selection is the active area of the canvas. So yes, you can paint it whenever you want, and see
it's being painted in this much area only. So Selection, just remember that you've activated some part of the canvas. Right?
And whatever you work on, it'll happen in this area. Understand? That's what Selection is! Okay, let me share some points related to Selection,
just as in Illustrator there was a Property bar above it, it's present here too. Whatever tools you take, the properties will be shown here.
So if we look on Selection, notice there's a default button pressed here and it's called "New Selection". Now what's the purpose of it?
Whenever I make a selection and do another, the previous one will vanish. Everytime I click a new selection will be made, right?
If you see the bigger one... Okay these buttons must be very familiar to you, you've seen in the Pathfinder class too, it's the same as it.
As the Unite button was present, here's the "Add to Selection". That means if I create selection now and do another, both will remain,
two or three- as I create selections it'll add with the previous ones. And in fact if I overlap like this, all the selections will be added together,
right?! Just like that, if you come across here and here's given "Subtract from Selection"
It means from the selections some areas will be subtracted.
Correct dear? And finally here comes "Intersect". Now what'll it do is, the selection you already made and the one you're making now,
the common area between them will be remaining, the rest will vanish. So for example, if you see this selection,
I select this area, then only this part of the old selection will stay, the one already made I mean.
But you know what? These buttons irritate me too much. Why it's so problematic?
Because, I usually forgot that I kept "Add to Selection" pressed on and when I'm progressing on my workflow speedily,
suddenly the selection doesn't building correctly, if I make another then look it's getting added with the previous ones. And that's quite irritating!
I feel it too bad, I dunno, maybe you'll feel the same when you'll work speedily.
So I'll suggest, don't use them at all!!! Then what to do else? You simply use shortcuts!
What are those? For example, if you made a selection and want to add another,
press Shift, and make selections. Interestingly, when I press Shift, the button (Add to Selection) automatically gets pressed.
Okay? So yes, now whenever you need to add, just press Shift. And it'll be adding.
Right? Similarly, if you wanna subtract, press Alt. Your selections will get minus.
Okay? And if intersecting the selections, then yes you gotta press both buttons!
Press Alt+Shift and click, it'll intersect. So I hope you've understood the selection by now, but it's not over yet!
After Selection, just beside there's another option called Feather. Okay so what's this?
Before that I want to explain something else. Number one, ahh... You have this foreground and background colour, correct?
As an example, I made a selection and I want to fill this foreground colour here, so one method is this Gradient tool, which contains Paint Bucket,
you take it and click here. But trust me, ahh... See, I've been sharing much about shortcuts in Photoshop,
and, if you have confusion then no problem, you can use the tools too. But shortcuts make the workflow fast, right?
Okay, so the shortcut of this Paintbucket to fill colours, better one I mean,
we simply do Alt+Backspace, it fills the Foreground colours.
Undo-ing it. Now if I want the Background colour; let's suppose we have two colours,
red in foreground and blue in background, If I do Alt+Backspace the Foreground gets filled, undo,
and if I wanna fill with Background colour, then it's Ctrl+Backspace.
Correct? And in fact you can do Ctrl+Delete, similarly Alt+Delete you can do.
Right? So remember, in many areas of Photoshop, Delete and Backspace do the same job.
Right dear? It's on your keyboard, right? So as you've seen, we can make selections and fill with colours,
and to fill as I said, Alt+Backspace for Foreground and Ctrl+Backspace for Background.
Keep in mind that if there's a selection present, it'll fill inside it. If there's not, it'll fill the whole layer. Right?
Like this. Okay. Another thing let me share, you have only one option for Undo- Ctrl+Z,
if you need more undos, you can do Ctrl+Alt+Z. Keep in mind.
Like I made this line, then another, yet another and so on. Now if I press Ctrl+Z, it'll undo only the last line. If press again, it'll redo. Correct?
But if Ctrl+Alt+Z, we'll continue undo-ing back. Now remember, Ctrl+Alt+Z is not actually undo, but History.
What is this, how to handle it, we'll see everything later.
For now just observe, making a selection and pressing Alt+Backspace, it gets filled.
We were actually talking about an option given in Property panel, named Feather.
If I increase it, currently at zero pixels, let's say I give it 50 pixels.
[clearing throat] Right? And as I make a selection, notice it becomes quite rounded.
Now, not actually round, it gets soft. If I fill with Foreground colour, it gets filled like that. Why?
Because we've enabled Feather. Now... one thing to remember, in the Property bar if you've given Feather,
then it's kinda permanent, until you don't change the value the next selections will have it!
See this. Alright? But if you don't want it permanent, then simply do this-
keep it 0, and, whenever you make selections; see I created, filled it, and took new layer. Correct?
I build another selection, and I want the Feather here. So to do this, you right-click via Selection tool obviously,
and there on the third option is Feather. Now from here you can determine how much Feather you need to put.
So let's suppose, I give it 30 pixels, press Okay,
and as I fill it with Background colour via Ctrl+Backspace, look the Feather has already come!
Okay, now the intriguing thing is, the next selection I'll make, that'll come out sharp as before.
So we don't have problems, that as we gave Feather it'll continue further, it's not like that at all.
Just keep in mind that whenever you need Feather, right-click and put that from there.
Now, again remember that the right-click I'm doing is from Selection tool itself,
correct? And, the options you see here, all belong to Selection tool, okay?
If we take any other tools, upon right-clicking different things will be showing up,
so make sure you notice which tool you use. See this, as I'm using Brush tool and right-click, you'll see some Brush options are given.
So, make sure you're in Selection tool and then right-clicking. Correct? From right-click, here we take Feather.
So in the current selection, going to Feather I'm giving much less now- 5 pixels.
Press Okay, and let's fill some other colour; here, I take purple, and fill here.
See this! If I zoom in and show, then it's looking quite smooth.
Alright? Okay! So see, this one's Feather is less, that blue one with 50 pixels looks more.
I hope you've understood till Feather. Ahh... Anyway, notice I made a mistake here,
the layer containing green one, I made the purple one there too, now I can't move them individually and separately.
Whenever I move it, these two will move together. So make sure, when you build something, "build" specially,
keep it on the next or different layers as a must.
Okay dear? Alright, if we need to delete layers, no problem at all, simply come to any layer and drag it here to delete.
Second method is simply to press Backspace while remaining on a layer,
as you press it the entire layer will be deleted. But only if not made any selections; if yes then only that area will be deleted.
But if not, all the layers will be gone. Like this, as I'm pressing Backspace all layers are getting deleted, except the Background one.
So the next we see in this tool, is this (dropdown) with options "Normal", "Fixed Ratio", "Fixed Size".
Normal is where you can make selections of any size you want, but when keeping on Fixed Ratio, notice by default it's given 1:1 ratio,
that means when I create, it'll be square-shaped only. Like, it's a ratio of 1:1, of width and height.
If I put 2:1, it'll become a rectangle. Meaning the width is 2x while the height is 1x.
Right? Third option is Fixed Size, it'll create selection of a fixed size,
by default it's given 64x64 pixels, that means wherever I'll click or move it
it'll remain as a selection of 64x64 pixels only. I hope you've understood it too till now.
Anyway, what's "Selected Mask", we'll see later, just forget it for now. In older versions you may see it as "Refine Edge".
Right? So it's same as that, just more advanced. Now...
Coming to Marquee Selection, here the Elliptical Marquee is given. With this you can make round selections.
So similarly as in Illustrator we'd make rounds by pressing Shift, it'll happen here too.
Alright? So you can make a round selection just like this, with Shift.
And if you wish you can make it oval too. Right? All those things are available here too, right?
If I right-click, those same things here, like Feather and Select Inverse.
Now what's this Select Inverse, I'm gonna share. Okay so, the next thing I'll tell is,
like if I make a selection and fill, it'll be filled inside, but if I right-click and Select Inverse, now it'll fill the other areas,
meaning the outer part of the canvas is active, leaving this inside part. Okay dear? So I hope you've understood it too, it wasn't so tough anyway.
Select Inverse, you've got it. There's a third option- Deselect. Now what'll it do? Removing selection. It has a shortcut too- Ctrl+D.
No matter how many selections you make, just press Ctrl+D and it'll be removed. D for Deselect, right?
Ahh... Remember, Illustrator's Ctrl+D was different, in here too. Understand?
Okay, so utilizing all these when we build something, what'll it be?
For example, I wish to use any picture. Let's go for Unsplash. Keep in mind this great website- unsplash.com.
And, you can download stock images from here, these are all free images, you can use them in even your commercial projects.
So, it's quite a fabulous and helpful website, and be sure to visit,
https://www.unsplash.com you can use images from here for your practice. So uh, let's just download some images and see what we can do with it,
I'm gonna use this picture, so simply click Download from here, and it'll be downloaded here.
Keep in mind these are quite high-quality images, with much higher resolution, okay?
So from Show Folder, dragging this image into Photoshop.
Now it's an important point to think- where to drop it while dragging. If you already have a file opened, and drop the image right here
then it'll add just inside the file.
But if you want not to add here but rather in a separate file, I pressed Esc; simply drag again and drop it on the Menu bar this time.
So once you do it, another file will be opened. One more thing to remember, the small image you're seeing, it's not that small!
As I said, always observe at 100% level to check the actual quality of your image.
Currently it's 8.33%, that means it's a humongous sized image! If I press Ctrl+1 it'll show at 100% level. See this,
it's the actual size of the image, quite giant it is!
So I'm zooming out, and let's go and take a new layer.
And from here I'm making a selection- Elliptical Marquee.
Like this. Okay? And right-clicking, I'm giving it a Feather.
Now remember, be it 5 or 50 pixels, this Feather won't work on this image,
it's a much larger image! So I'll add much more Feather here, so let's say I add approx. 200 pixels.
Correct dear? Press Okay, and right-clicking I choose Select Inverse.
Keep in mind, first I make selection, then give Feather and then do Select Inverse.
New layer I already took, and now I'm filling it with black colour, meaning as here the default colours coming- Foreground black and Background white,
if I press Alt+Backspace, the black colour will be filled here. See this!
Ahh... A fairly simple frame, created here. And I hope you all loved it.
So not necessary that you fill with black; undo-ing it, now give it white if you wish.
See this? And, this kind of things you must've seen in many images, so your first photo editing is done.
Now, what was the reason behind taking different layer? Just because, if I don't like it, I can change it anytime or even remove it.
Correct? And if you would've filled on this layer, which you can, nobody's stopping you,
but you'll be facing the problem- see, this time I'm giving more Feather, so let's go for like 400 pixels, remember why I'm giving so much?
Because the image is too large, but for smaller images I'll give less Feather,
like 40 or 50 pixels, okay? Alright! Giving the Feather and Select Inverse, and going to a new layer...
Sorry (😅), I mean if I fill it here, notice the problem that'll occur. It becomes a permanent change, now I can't move, make it lighter or even delete.
Yes I can surely undo, but if you save the file and close, it'll be permanently changed.
So please please please! Always preserve your original images, meaning always keep a backup, and better work on layers, not on original images.
You'll have the freedom to change it anytime and correct it. So again I took a new layer and fill it white.
See this! We've filled a beautiful shade of white colour here,
and it looks fading from the edges. Now yeah, I'm deducing this class of mine is being stretched too long,
but trust me, these are minute details which lots of people face problems with,
and they can't understand. By the way the shortcuts I talked about, I'll be sharing in classes parallelly, you can note it down if you wish.
And ahh... Not necessary you get dependent on shortcuts, if you can't remember, don't worry!
You can change it from menus or options. Just as I shared on Select Inverse, right-clicking and selecting like that,
you'll find the shortcuts too, see if go to Select menu so notice, Select All- Ctrl+A, Deselect- Ctrl+D, Reselect- Shift+Ctrl+D,
and Inverse Select, or Select Inverse as we said, Shift+Ctrl+I. All these shortcuts can be seen in this menu too.
So sometimes I keep forgetting shortcuts, just don't be panicked, don't be anxious, no problem at all!
Just keep in mind that with shortcuts the work gets faster. There's no guarantee that with shortcuts the work will be good!
So good work is more important, fast work not that much. Right? So that's I always say- quality vs quantity.
If you produce quantity, not necessary it'll be good, but if you produce quality, also not necessary it'll be large in quantity.
Always remember, work at a slow pace, no problem, but do it well. So don't be anxious about shortcuts; many students gets confused that
"Sir how we'll be able to use so many shortcuts?" and etc. Don't worry! Go slow, no issues.
If you don't recall shortcuts, the options are provided in the menu already. Everything has a second method to be utilized.
So go slow, work well, that's much more important.
The things I shared related to Selection tool, it's still much less, there are more left yet, but I wish to end this class here for now.
I hope you've understood it all so far. Keep in mind, it's only for beginners, for those who already know
they might've not found much similarities, I'm sorry if yall know already! But I have many students who don't know about Photoshop at all,
This was much much more important for those. Ahh... My classes get stretched sometimes, but I always try to make you understand every detail.
Some more things still left in Selection, along with the Rectangle and Elliptical Marquee tools,
we'll learn in more detail later. If I share everything today, it'll be really too much, you won't be able to practice!
And I hope you loved the class, if yes please give it a like, and subscribe to it if you didn't yet, and one more thing,
please share with your friends dude, Photoshop has been started on my channel! Thank you! (😊)



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »